Peter Barron Stark Companies has a wide range of books and audio programs to help your business succeed.
- Leading organizational change
- Setting goals
- Building high performance teams
- Managing conflict
- Hiring winners
- Coaching for improved performance
- Building your confidence and self-esteem
- Managing your time more effectively
Readers who purchase The Competent Leader through our website will receive a complimentary PDF copy of The Competent Leader Workbook complete with assessments, select excerpts from the book and action plans for becoming even better leaders.Only $24.95
Workplace Excellence is the goal of every successful organization. This book is the guide for every leader who wants to make a difference in their organization. This book provides managers with the skills and actions to take the results of their most recent Employee Opinion Survey and create an environment where employees love to come to work and customers love to do business.
To create this book, we have collected the ideas and actions of the organizations and managers who have had the greatest success in creating workplace excellence. The purpose of this book is twofold. First, it is to give leaders the tools and resources needed to understand the data from their Employee Opinion Survey and provide them a guide for action planning process with their team. Second is our intention to share with you our enthusiasm for achieving workplace excellence when survey data is used to measure and shape organizational culture.
Inside the book you will find:
- Top ten benefits for conducting an Employee Opinion Survey
- How to lead change and your role as a change agent
- Three types of vision and steps to create your personal vision
- Tips for presenting results to your team
- Steps for creating an action plan with your team
- 15 Sample action plans
- Tips on how to become the leader you've always wanted to be
Our primary goal is to get you excited about the incredible power of using your survey results to create an outstanding workplace... a workplace where once employees hire on, they don't want to move on because they love their jobs and their boss!
Thispocket-sized companion to The Competent Leader will enable you to recall those important leadership skills at a glance. It’s small enough to fit into your briefcase, yet is packed with enough information to help you coach a difficult employee, get your people excited about change, motivate your team without money, and much more.
Lifetime Leadership contains 52 weeks of daily wisdom for leaders. We've derived the information from life experiences, articles we’ve written, and examples from our published books. Each week has a distinct title. Monday describes the “Leadership Concept,” and the next four days outline “Principles for Growth” related to the concept. For each day, there is an “Enrichment Exercise” that gives you a chance to apply the information introduced that day. Use this interactive section for your personal and professional growth. A closing quote is also included as a daily encouragement. At the end of each week, there is a page titled “Expansion: Leadership Application.” Our hope is that the concepts covered each week will be so relevant to you that you will want to make a commitment to applying them by filling in the “I will” section on this page.
Discover the heartbeat of every successful organization - employee engagement - and achieve excellence in your workplace. Every organization faces challenges and hardships. The Only Leadership Book You'll Ever Need teaches leaders how to overcome their most difficult obstacle: employee engagement. By pinpointing specific areas leaders can focus on and change, this book shows how one leader can effectively change the entire workplace environment... for the better.
Topics addressed include:
- The 10 Keys to Workplace Excellence
- Becoming the Leader Who Makes the Difference
- The 11 Stupid Things Managers Do to Mess Up Workplace Excellence
- 76 Strategies to Effectively Lead and Engage Employees
Timely and accessible, this is an essential book for every leader as it provides all the necessary information organizations need in order to grow and thrive in today's economy. Based on years of research and data from over 100,000 employees and managers, The Only Leadership Book You'll Ever Need offers what other business books don't: Results.
This dynamic ten track series tackles the challenges today's leaders face. It includes The Ten Skills Every Supervisor Must Have:
- Developing Confidence
- Leading Change
- Building a Great Team
- Resolving Conflict
- Delivering Difficult Feedback to Improve Performance
- Hiring Winners
- Conducting Powerful (and painless) Performance Reviews
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Achieving High-Performance Goals
- Leadership Skills
- Thrive during periods of rapid organizational change
- Help people change so your organization can change
- Overcome resistance to change and lead people forward
- Empower yourself and others to lead change
- Plan and implement productive approaches to change
If You Want to be a Leader, You Need Followers. In this dynamic, 45-minute track, you'll be treated to valuable leadership insights that Peter B. stark has to share. Described by his audiences as entertaining, practical, engaging, motivating and educational, you'll want to share this tape with your entire management team.
- Deliver difficult feedback in a way that elicits a positive response from employees
- Improve employee performance
- Identify behaviors, not attitudes, which require coaching
- Provide specific feedback and measure performance improvement
- Increase your ability to conduct effective reviews
- Help employees increase their contribution to your organization and achieve greater job satisfaction
- Review performance regularly, not just once a year
- Create performance plans to improve employee performance and develop skills for the future
- Achieve greater personal and organizational success by setting effective goals
- Align department and individual goals with organizational objectives
- Help employees focus on results, rather than on activities
- Use a simple three-step process to set SMART goals and measure your progress
- Shatter common misconceptions about conflict
- Effectively deal with the causes of conflict
- Deal successfully with each stage of conflict and the associated emotions
- Handle conflict positively and maintain healthy relationships during and after periods of disagreement
- Select people who possess skills and experience appropriate for the job
- Conduct interviews using behavior-based questions
- Develop effective interview questions
- Ask questions that are legally defensible
- Improve teamwork by understanding and effectively dealing with different types of people
- Develop "Relationship Power," the most influential leadership power
- Create an environment in which different types of people can thrive
- Establish trust, credibility, and rapport with everyone on your team
- Reduce unwarranted conflict situations