The effectiveness of your executives is in direct correlation to the success of your organization.
Leadership is a quality necessary for anyone who has to accomplish objectives with and through people. No other aspect of organizational life is more discussed–and maligned–than leadership. Some leaders are gifted with a high degree of technical expertise, but are challenged in some aspect of their working relationship with employees on their team. We work with leaders to identify their leadership strengths, as well as their opportunities to become even more effective in their leadership role.
Prior to creating the customized executive coaching program, the consultant will conduct individual interviews with a cross-section of the executive’s peers and employees as well as the executive’s manager, to determine strengths and areas for improvement to be addressed during the coaching series. Working one-on-one with a senior consultant, the executive will work through a customized series of activities to identify their strengths as a leader, as well as the opportunities that exist for them to become even more effective in their leadership role. Although each program is unique to a particular leader, the following topics are often included in a typical executive coaching program.
- Identify the changing role of leadership and employees’ expectations
- Assess unique communication style to identify the executive’s approach to workplace relationships
- Learn to adapt communication style to the needs of team members
- Identify stages of conflict and conflict escalation patterns
- Learn to give feedback that motivates team members to grow and change
- Determine key motivators for team members and develop a recognition plan
- Know the legal responsibilities related to Federal and State law
- Identify and utilize efficient time management and delegation practices
- Understand the stages of team development and list steps to enhance overall team effectiveness
- Develop a draft of the executive’s personal leadership vision
- Clarify what values are necessary to live the chosen leadership vision
- List action steps detailing plans to become an even more effective leader
In conjunction with a coach, the executive will have access to The Manager’s Toolkit, an action planning website covering hundreds of leadership topics. The Manager’s Toolkit will help the leader create a roadmap for success through recommendations and suggested actions, along with relevant blog entries, book sections, videos and audio. Each of these is organized by leadership topic that allows for successful action planning.