In every organization and relationship there is potential for conflict. Conflict can be a very healthy, positive part of the organization…or it can be stressful and damaging. When handled constructively, conflict can lead to increased learning, greater productivity, and enhanced working relationships. Specifically, effective conflict resolution will result in more efficient meetings, competent decision making, and heightened service to both internal and external customers.
Conflict refers not just to major confrontations, but to things as simple as diverse ways of thinking, different approaches to work, and dissimilar needs and desires. This program teaches participants how to effectively address differences of opinion to avoid escalated conflict. Utilizing case studies and role play, participants will also learn skills to assess conflict situations when they do occur and handle them in a manner that is healthy, positive, and productive.
We begin the conflict resolution training program with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
This course is for anyone in your organization desiring to learn more about identifying and resolving conflict.
- Assessing participant's own attitude toward conflict
- Determining participant's own conflict handling style
- The causes of conflict in the workplace
- Understanding what makes conflict constructive and destructive
- Realizing the benefits of conflict
- Understanding the five different methods of dealing with conflict and when each method is most appropriate to use
- Utilizing a conflict model to prepare for resolution
- Working through a present conflict using the conflict model