Valuable Performance Appraisals | Successful Employee Appraisals
Today’s successful managers and supervisors know that performance appraisals, when used effectively, are valuable tools that can be applied, not only for salary review purposes, but to help employees improve their performance and achieve greater satisfaction from their job.
We begin this training program with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces when conducting performance appraisals. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
Participants will examine the performance review cycle; discover the value of involving the employee in the review process; recognize the importance of prior planning before conducting the performance review interview; acquire skills to deliver effective feedback; and learn how to develop a plan of action designed to improve employee performance.
This program provides managers with the tools and skills they need to set objective and measurable performance expectations, provide effective feedback on employee performance, and outline action plans detailing career development.
- Assess effectiveness as an evaluator
- Identify the five stages in the performance review cycle
- Set and measure objective standards for performance
- Objectively interpret the rating scale to avoid the “halo” or “glare” effect
- Involve employees in the review process
- Learn to provide clear and effective feedback
- Identify ways to use positive feedback, like acknowledgment and praise to encourage employee growth
- Practice developing employee performance improvement plans
- Outline career development plans
- Participate in a role play to increase confidence in giving difficult feedback, or feedback to a challenging employee
- Create an action plan detailing how the manager will use the content covered in this program to enhance his/her ability to more effectively manage employee performance