This program has been specifically designed for any purchasing manager, procurement specialist or contract professional who is responsible for creating contracts or making purchases that maximize corporate objectives.
To provide participants with the skills and tools to successfully negotiate purchases and contracts, and build life-long relationships with vendors or clients where both counterparts feel their needs and goals have been met.
- Characteristics of great negotiators
- Three critical factors in creating a win-win outcome
- The four most important behavioral skills
- Why preparation is the key to success
- The role of questions in uncovering the implicit and explicit needs of your client
- Effective listening – demonstrating you really care about your client
- Power – ten different types of power to gain or maintain leverage in negotiations
- Trust – the key to long-term, cost effective relationships
- Nonverbal communication – is your counterpart honest?
- 40 customized tactics to help purchasing managers, procurement specialists or contract professionals execute contracts or make purchases to maximize value for their organization and build life-long relationships with vendors and internal customers
- How to effectively counter the most common strategies used against purchasing managers, procurement specialists or contract professionals
- The best way to deal with a “shark” and other unethical negotiators
- Three customized case studies allowing you to put into practice what you’ve learned