Improving Internal Customer Service
Most employees understand the importance of providing great external customer service, however, few understand the necessity for providing quality internal customer service. Without each employee treating others within the organization with the same care and respect as they would show a customer, it is impossible to maintain a high level of external service. In order to achieve levels of service that create loyalty among customers, a high level of service and support must exist inside the organization. This program focuses on building the necessary skills to provide extraordinary internal customer service.
We typically begin our training programs with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an “inside look” at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
- Improve service within your organization, increase productivity, and as a result, offer your customers better service
- Create interdepartmental service strategies that help, rather than hinder, work flow in your organization
- Eliminate “turf wars” among departments
- Identifying internal suppliers and customers and analyzing service “touch points”
- Understanding service perceptions and the importance of managing them
- Determining each employee’s needs as a customer
- Measuring internal service
- Building a positive attitude for internal service
- Eliminating blame and “That’s not my job” attitudes
- Dealing with difficult or challenging internal customers
- Taking action to build teamwork across department/division lines