Productive & Effective Meetings
When asked to list typical time wasters at work, employees and managers often put meetings at the top of their list. Poorly planned and conducted meetings can rob an organization of valuable productivity and leave meeting attendees feeling frustrated. Facilitating effective meetings requires preparation, skill, focus, and practice.
This interactive workshop is designed to help supervisors, managers, team leaders, and employees conduct meetings that are well-organized, time-efficient and productive. Participants will gain confidence in leading groups to consensus and dealing with difficult behaviors sometimes exhibited by individuals at meetings. Skills gained will enhance participants’ confidence in their role as a meeting leader, contribute favorably to overall organizational goals and outcomes, and earn the leader respect as an effective meeting facilitator.
We begin this training program with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
This program is for employees at all levels in your organization who are tasked with leading meetings.
- Determine appropriate reasons to conduct a meeting
- Use a checklist to effectively prepare for the meeting
- Develop agendas to guide groups from discussion to action
- Identify arrangement of the facility for optimum participation
- Practice techniques for generating/stimulating discussion
- Lead groups from brainstorming to consensus
- Utilize strategies for handling difficult behaviors
- Close with specific actions detailing next steps and person(s) responsible