Workplace Relationship Strategies – Working with Different Types of People
Integral to the success of building any team or relationship is accepting and understanding the fact that people are different, and therefore need to be treated differently. Regardless of title, the key to building successful workplace relationships depends on an ability to identify the differences in people and then treat them accordingly.
This session will help participants identify different behavioral styles, isolate their own preferred style, and learn how to communicate appropriately with each behavioral pattern. Learning to deal appropriately with different behavioral styles makes it easier to establish trust, credibility, and rapport with a counterpart, resulting in more open, honest and tension-free relationships.
This workshop is customizable to benefit participants from all levels of an organization. Anyone who wishes to learn more about both their own communication style and the styles of others, will benefit from this communications training program.
- Assess participant’s own dominant behavioral style using the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Outline the strengths of participant’s preferred behavioral style and the challenges faced when overusing it
- Recognize the characteristics of other communication styles and develop action plans to work effectively with people who prefer to communicate using a different style
- Understanding the characteristics, strengths and weaknesses of different behavioral styles
- Utilizing techniques to effectively deal with different types of people
- Adapting participant’s own communication style
- Building team relationships on a foundation of trust, credibility and honesty
- Using the information gained in this seminar to build a stronger team
- Developing an Action Plan – “What will I do differently to communicate even more effectively?”