Negotiation Skills – The Art of Getting What You Both Want
Managers, supervisors, and employees frequently face situations requiring negotiation skills. Interacting with clients; agreeing on appropriate schedules and deadlines for projects; solving problems with clients; obtaining organizational resources; setting the salaries of subordinates; acquiring more staff for your department; and maintaining high customer service standards with your staff are just a few of the many situations that necessitate high-level negotiation skills. Utilizing effective negotiation skills is the only realistic approach to successfully meet the challenges of today’s rapidly changing environment. In this keynote, participants will learn successful negotiation techniques and strategies to effectively negotiate typical situations encountered by managers, supervisors, and employees.
Prior to presenting the keynote, Peter will conduct a thorough assessment developed through interviews with executives, managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized presentation tailored to meet your needs.
- To provide participants with an understanding of negotiations and what makes a negotiator successful
- To give participants the behavioral tools, strategies, and tactics needed to build relationships and create win-win outcomes
- To improve the negotiation skills of participants by having them role-play negotiation situations that pertain to their work environment
- Characteristics of successful negotiators
- The importance of thorough preparation and goal setting
- Effectively utilizing listening and questioning skills
- Understanding the implicit/explicit needs of negotiators
- The importance of building trust with your counterpart
- Reading your counterpart’s nonverbal signals
- Understanding the behavioral styles of your counterpart
- Successfully using strategies and tactics to achieve win-win outcomes