Relationship Strategies – Building an Even Stronger Team
Accepting and understanding the fact that people are different, and therefore need to be treated differently, is integral to the success of any team or relationship. Whether you are a CEO, senior vice president, director, manager, supervisor, or employee, the key to building successful relationships depends on your ability to identify the differences in people and then treat them accordingly.
This keynote will help participants identify different communication styles, isolate their own preferred style, and learn how to communicate appropriately with each behavioral pattern. When we learn to interact appropriately with different styles, its easier to establish trust, credibility and rapport with a counterpart. As a side benefit, this will also create more open, honest, and tension-free relationships.
Prior to presenting the keynote, Peter Stark will conduct a thorough assessment developed through interviews with executives, managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized presentation tailored to meet your needs.
- Assess own dominant communication style
- Outline the strengths of specific styles and the challenges faced by overusing them
- Recognize the characteristics of other communication styles and develop action plans to work effectively with people who prefer to communicate using a different style
- Understanding the characteristics, strengths and weaknesses of different leadership and behavioral styles
- Utilizing techniques to effectively deal with different types of people
- Adapting participant’s own leadership and communication style
- Building team relationships on a foundation of trust, credibility and honesty
- Using the information gained in this seminar to build a stronger team
- Developing an Action Plan – What will I do differently to lead and communicate even more effectively?