Advanced Presentation Skills
Professional speakers know that the difference between a good speaker and a great speaker is only… about 1,000 speeches. This is the course for those advanced speakers who are ready to take the next step in bridging the gap between good and great.
Participants will receive advanced presentation skills training in the area of crafting and delivering a memorable presentation. Emphasis will be placed on using openings that immediately grab the audience, the use of humor, stories and examples to inform and persuade others, and the critical need of a powerful close. Throughout the day, participants will have several opportunities to practice honing their advanced presentation skills and will receive feedback from both participants and the consultant facilitating the seminar. The final presentation will be videotaped, with each participant receiving their own DVD.
We typically begin our training programs with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization and your employees face. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your employees’ specific needs as they do presenting the course.
This course is a perfect follow-up for graduates of Delivering Powerful Presentations or Presenting to Influence. The Advanced Presentation Skills program is for those who already know the basics of public speaking, allowing the educational focus of the day to be on more advanced topics.
- Deliver high-power, captivating speech “openers”
- Confidently present complex or controversial information, using well-planned and logical arguments to increase audience receptivity to ideas
- Use humor, stories and examples to “sell” ideas
- Develop responses to deal with audience challenges and unplanned distractions
- Create and deliver a stirring call to action, or memorable conclusion
- Practice delivering a dynamic, memorable presentation
- Utilize feedback from other participants in the training to make the presentation even more effective or powerful